Thanks to the tourism economy here, many Little River businesses slow down during the winter. Whether that’s true for you or not, here’s several tasks you can work on during slow business days that will keep you productive and help your business in the long run.
- Update old web pages or blog posts
- Host a workshop or seminar (like at the chamber)
- Update your business plan
- Price check your current vendors and bills
- Read a book that will help you grow
- Test new marketing opportunities
- Run a challenge, contest, or giveaway
- Create a lead magnet to drive new leads from your website
- Attend a networking event
- Audit your business
- Review your different business workflows and figure out which parts you can better streamline
- Send a thank you note to clients
- Finally do a big task you always put off, like bookkeeping and taxes…
- Design new marketing pieces
- Conduct competitor research
- Update your personal brand, like:
- Update your LinkedIn
- If you are active in Facebook groups or promote your business through your personal account, change your bio & profile pic to something relatively professional, and utilize your cover photo like ad space.
- Clean up your public social media posts & photos
- Evaluate your workplace wardrobe
- Find things you can prepare before your busy season.
- Pre-schedule multiple marketing pieces (social media, emails, etc.)
- Example: Myrtle Beach Watersports schedules their chamber marketing pieces in March to go out in June.
- Survey your customers and/or staff to see what they like, and what they don’t
- Ask your current customers for testimonials
- Create a new income stream or product that you can easily put together in a week or weekend with a low price tag
- Take an online course or a class at a local college:
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Try:
PS: If you’re actually thankful for the break & business is fine, then don’t be afraid to take advantage of it! Volunteer in the community or plan some extra time with your family.
What are your go-to slow season tasks? Comment below!