The Little River Chamber of Commerce & Visitor's Center is happy to be a resource for our local and small businesses. To assist you in your research, we encourage you to visit these key sources of information. Click here for local business services.
- SBA.gov - The U.S. Small Business Association (SBA) is the leading resources for small businesses. Information on a variety of special topics are available, including Build Your Business Plan and Starting & Managing Your Business. For sample Business Plans, click here.
- Horry County Government - As there is no local municipality (ie: no city or town hall) in Little River, we are under the care of Horry County Government. Contact them for personal or business needs, such as Business Licenses, tax information, and more.
- SC DOR - The South Carolina Department of Retail is the source for Business Tax Information.
- US Chamber - The world's largest business organization representing the interests of more than 3 million businesses of all sizes, sectors, and regions. Our members range from mom-and-pop shops and local chambers to leading industry associations and large corporations. They all share one thing--they count on the Chamber to be their voice in Washington, D.C. All members of the Little River Chamber of Commerce receive a courtesy membership with the US Chamber.
- SC Chamber - The unified voice of business in the Palmetto State. The South Carolina Chamber works to find solutions for issues facing businesses, ensuring this state is a top destination for economic development. Serving thousands of companies of all sizes and industries, the Chamber creates an environment for businesses and communities to grow.
- Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce - their online Small Business Resource Center has a variety of resources such as a Guide to Going Into Business in the Myrtle Beach Area, resources for Business Interruption Planning, and more.
- SC Business One Stop - official South Carolina business web portal. It enables any existing business or anyone starting a new business to file permits, licenses,
- SCDOT - Business Development & Special Programs - develop, implement and promote programs which ensure compliance with State and Federal regulations governing Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE), External Equal Opportunity (EO), External On-the-Job Training (OJT), and Title VI programs. They build and maintain relationships to facilitate the development of socially and economically disadvantaged businesses and individuals. This section provides details on each of our programs.
- SCWorks - centers in most counties offer job seekers and businesses access to employment and training opportunities, as well as other services provided by SC Works system partner agencies that support employment and training. Local: Waccamaw Regional Council of Governments
- ADA - Information and technical assistance on the Americans with Disabilities ACT.
- Big Paws Canine - Primarily works to provide service animals for Disabled Veterans and Former First Responders, but their Aynor, SC location is open to visiting business to present on working with service animals.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Small Business Resources - This guide provides plans, tools, tips, and information from across the web on how to keep your workers safe and well while managing time and cost investments.
- SC Division of Small and Minority Business Contracting and Certification - one-stop shop for those looking for minority-owned businesses or looking to become certified as a minority-owned business.
- SCORE - A nonprofit association dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals through education and mentorship. They have been doing this for over fifty years. Because their work is supported by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), and thanks to their network of 11,000+ volunteers, they are able to deliver services at no charge or at very low cost. Provides: Volunteer Mentors who share their expertise across 62 industries, free confidential business counselling in person or via email, free business tools, templates and tips here online, and inexpensive or free business workshops and webinars and webinars (online 24/7). Also See: Grand Strand Chapter of SCORE
- BusinessUSA - consolidates a wide-range of business-related information and resources from the U.S. Federal Government. Whether you’re looking to start an enterprise, or a business owner seeking growth, the tools and resources below will help your business succeed in the increasingly competitive global economy.
- Resource Guide for Small Businesses - Provided by the U.S. Small Business Association
- Making Waves - Printed bimonthly newsletter published by the Little River Chamber. All members will be mailed one copy, however, you may download your own online.
- South Carolina Department of Commerce - This comprehensive guide covers all this and more about the strong economic development and business climate in South Carolina.
- SC Biz News - includes SCBIZ, THe Charleston Regional Business Journal, Columbia Regional Business Report, GSA Business, and SCBIZ Custom Media.
- The Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce regularly publishes research and statistical findings on the Myrtle Beach area here.
- Free Business Templates available through brother
Leadership & Networking
- Business After Hours - Network once a month with our Little River chamber members
- Little River Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors - Ambassadors are highly visible, prestigious volunteers who serve as the Chamber’s primary liaison to new Chamber members.
- Leadership Grand Strand - 9 month program hosted by the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber accepts 30 participants each year and meets monthly to work on team projects.
- gsSCENE - works to provide constructive social networking, professional development, and community engagement to young professionals in and around the Grand Strand area.
- Grand Strand Professionals - We are a group of local professionals who are trying to make a difference in the community. Only one person per profession is allowed to join the group so join today to block out your competition.
- ConstantContact - Email Marketing from Constant Contact makes it easy for you to build email lists and create email newsletters that get great results. Their free award winning coaching & support can assist you with newsletters, announcements, offers & promotions, events & registration, feedback & surveys, and more. Chamber Members receive up to 25% off services
- SparkUpArts - Resources and information on marketing tools - Subscribe
- HubSpot - an inbound marketing and sales platform with free marketing resources, including stock photos - Subscribe
- Simply Measured - social media analytics and resources - Subscribe
- HootSuite - Manage multiple social media networks and profiles and measure your campaign results.
- ClickZ - resource of interactive marketing news, information, commentary, advice, opinion, research, and reference in the world, online or off-
- Creative Commons Search | About Creative Commons
- Canva - Image & graphics editor for easy, quick, great designs
- Google Analytics - free Google resource that tracks the stats of visitors to your website.
- Little River Chamber eNewsletter - Includes member, chamber, and community specific news and updates, as well as member benefits and more. Sent weekly. You will also receive chamber event reminders and member announcements.
- SC Biz - The daily statewide e-mail is delivered to your inbox each weekday morning. SCBIZ Daily is your link to business news across South Carolina.
- Business News Digest - Every business day we filter through and find the key articles and news stories focused on small business success. We package links to those important news features and articles in a simple to read daily digest that readers love.
- ADA - Information and technical assistance on the Americans with Disabilities ACT.
- Grand Strand SCORE - Subscribe to SCORE newsletters to get the latest in free, small business resources and advice.
- TownPlanner - weekly update of events and coupons in your area. Business advertising available.
Festival VendorsSome vendors may not need a retail license, however all vendors are required to file and pay sales tax in the state of SC. Learn more at DOR.SC.GOV. If you are a non-profit, see if you are exempt from sales tax and the retail license requirements here.
For more information, you may contact Jeremy Roof with the SC Department of Revenue directly at 843-492-2023.
- Myrtle Beach Area Chamber's Nonprofit Resource Center
- Volunteer Opportunities in Little River, SC
- Volunteer opportunities in Horry County
- Upcoming Community Service Events in Little River
- South Carolina Association of Nonprofit Organizations - Online resources ranging from legal and ethical accountability to fundraising.
- All Hands on Board: The Board of Directors in All-Volunteer Organizations
- BoardSource's Knowledge and Resource Center - extensive array of information dealing with nonprofit governance.
- CompassPoint - contains templates, books and other resources to guide nonprofits as they become better managed, more adaptive, and achieve higher impact.
- SCDOR - Check if you are exempt from sale tax & retail license requirements
Planning & Organization Apps
- Office Chat - Free instant messaging app for staff.
- Google Drive - Online storage & document editor, connected to your Gmail account.
- OneDrive - Online storage & document editor, connected to your Outlook account.
- DropBox - Store files online and share them with anyone.
- Evernote - Note-taking app that syncs across all your devices
- Asana - Online project manager for individuals and teams.
- Wunderlist - Simple, shareable to-do list manager.
- Toggl - Time tracking app to help you see how much time you're spending on projects.
- Slack - Internal messaging app for your team, including group chats to replace email chains.
- Insightly - An online Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) to house all your contacts & sales pipeline.
Discounts & Services for Little River Chamber Members
- BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina
- Office Depot/OfficeMax
- Chamber Member2Member Discounts
- US Chamber of Commerce membership
- Advertising & Marketing Opportunities
- Exposure via Chamber Website
- Ribbon Cutting Services
- Networking Events
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Business Buzz program
Local Resources for New Business Development
(843) 347-4604 | (800) 844-4983 | firstname.lastname@example.org
South Carolina SBA District Office
1835 Assembly Street, Suite 1425
Columbia, SC 29201
Small Business Center
Brunswick Community College
2050 Enterprise Dr.
Leland, NC 28451
910-755-7306 | email@example.com
SC Works - Waccamaw Regional Council of Governments
1230 Highmarket Street
Georgetown, SC 29440
Florence Area Small Business Development Center
Florence/Darlington Technical College
P.O. Box 100548
Florence, SC 29501
843-661-8256 | firstname.lastname@example.org
SC Small Business Development Center
University of South Carolina, Darla Moore School of Business
Columbia, SC 29208
The Veterans Business Outreach Center
Fayetteville State University
1200 Murchison Road
Fayetteville, NC 28301
Women's Business Center
230 Hay Street
Fayetteville, NC 28301
South Carolina Women's Business Center for Women
129 Cannon St.
Charleston, SC 29403
Events & Training
- Business Buzz - educational program designed to aid business leaders and professionals in the Little River and surrounding community to further their entrepreneurial skill sets. Click here to see all of our upcoming chamber events.
- SBA - Hosts a variety of informational and educational events, including webinars, teleconferences, and in-person events. Check out their Learning Center for online courses. Additional events held by the SBA South Carolina District Office.
- Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce Educational Events
- SCORE webinars - most are free
- Business Training Team - Free webinars
- Lynda.com - Paid access to educational videos on a variety of topics.
- Small Business Saturday Resources