The Little River Chamber of Commerce & Visitor’s Center is happy to be a resource for our local and small businesses. To assist you in your research, we encourage you to visit these key sources of information.
Local Resources for Business Development
Use this map for additional locations.
Small Business Development Center
Coastal Carolina University, Atlantic Center
642 Century Circle, Rooms 103 & 104
Conway, SC 29526
(843) 349-4010 | (843) 349-4010 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Myrtle Beach Regional Economic Development
2050 U.S. 501 East, Building 900
Conway, SC 29526
(843) 347-4604 | (800) 844-4983 | email@example.com
Conway Innovation Center
1119 Third Avenue
Conway, SC 29526
843-488-2783 | Innovate@CICInnovation.com
South Carolina SBA District Office
1835 Assembly Street, Suite 1425
Columbia, SC 29201
For other local business services, click here.
Local Events & Training
- SBA – Hosts a variety of informational and educational events, including webinars, teleconferences, and in-person events. Check out their Learning Center for online courses. Additional events held by the SBA South Carolina District Office.
- SCORE webinars
- ConstantContact email marketing webinars
- Business Training Team webinars
- Myrtle Beach WordPress Meetup
- Small Business Saturday Resources
Local Leadership & Networking
- Chamber Connections – Network with fellow chamber members
Little River Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors – Ambassadors are highly visible, prestigious volunteers who serve as the Chamber’s primary liaison to new Chamber members.
- Leadership Grand Strand – 9 month program hosted by the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber accepts 30 participants each year and meets monthly to work on team projects.
- gsSCENE – works to provide constructive social networking, professional development, and community engagement to young professionals in and around the Grand Strand area.
- Grand Strand Professionals – We are a group of local professionals who are trying to make a difference in the community. Only one person per profession is allowed to join the group so join today to block out your competition.
- SCWorks – centers in most counties offer job seekers and businesses access to employment and training opportunities, as well as other services provided by SC Works system partner agencies that support employment and training. Local: Waccamaw Regional Council of Governments
- SCORE – Provides volunteer mentors who share their expertise across 62 industries, free confidential business counselling in person or via email, free business tools, templates and tips here online, and inexpensive or free business workshops and webinars and webinars. Local: Grand Strand Chapter of SCORE or subscribe
- Commercial properties
- Horry County Government – As there is no local municipality (ie: no city or town hall) in Little River, the local government is Horry County Government. Contact them for personal or business needs, such as Business Licenses, tax information, and more.
- SBA.gov – The U.S. Small Business Association (SBA) is the leading resources for small businesses. Information on a variety of special topics are available, including Build Your Business Plan and Starting & Managing Your Business. For sample Business Plans, click here.
- SC DOR – The South Carolina Department of Retail is the source for Business Tax Information.
- SC Business One Stop – official SC business web portal. It enables any existing business or anyone starting a new business to file permits, licenses, SCDOT – Business Development & Special Programs – develop, implement and promote programs which ensure compliance with State and Federal regulations governing Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE), External Equal Opportunity (EO), External On-the-Job Training (OJT), and Title VI programs.
- SC Division of Small and Minority Business Contracting and Certification – one-stop shop for those looking for minority-owned businesses or looking to become certified as a minority-owned business.
- ADA – Information and technical assistance on the Americans with Disabilities ACT.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Small Business Resources – This guide provides plans, tools, tips, and information from across the web on how to keep your workers safe and well while managing time and cost investments.
- BusinessUSA – consolidates a wide-range of business-related information and resources from the U.S. Federal Government. Whether you’re looking to start an enterprise, or a business owner seeking growth, the tools and resources below will help your business succeed in the increasingly competitive global economy
Click here to check out local businesses like banks, accountants, and more!
- Resource Guide for Small Businesses – Provided by the U.S. Small Business Association
- Making Waves – Printed quarterly newsletter published by the Little River Chamber. All members will be mailed one copy, however, you may download your own online.
- Little River Chamber eNewsletter – Includes member, chamber, and community specific news and updates, as well as member benefits and more.
- South Carolina Department of Commerce – This comprehensive guide covers all this and more about the strong economic development and business climate in South Carolina.
- SC Biz News – includes SCBIZ, THe Charleston Regional Business Journal, Columbia Regional Business Report, GSA Business, and SCBIZ Custom Media.
- SC Biz – The daily statewide e-mail is delivered to your inbox each weekday morning. SCBIZ Daily is your link to business news across South Carolina.
- Business News Digest – Every business day we filter through and find the key articles and news stories focused on small business success. We package links to those important news features and articles in a simple to read daily digest that readers love.TownPlanner – weekly update of events and coupons in your area. Business advertising available.
- US Chamber – The world’s largest business organization representing the interests of more than 3 million businesses of all sizes, sectors, and regions. Our members range from mom-and-pop shops and local chambers to leading industry associations and large corporations. They all share one thing–they count on the Chamber to be their voice in Washington, D.C.
- SC Chamber – The unified voice of business in the Palmetto State. The South Carolina Chamber works to find solutions for issues facing businesses, ensuring this state is a top destination for economic development. Serving thousands of companies of all sizes and industries, the Chamber creates an environment for businesses and communities to grow.
- South Carolina Association of Nonprofit Organizations – Online resources ranging from legal and ethical accountability to fundraising.
- BoardSource’s Knowledge and Resource Center – extensive array of information dealing with nonprofit governance.
- CompassPoint – contains templates, books and other resources to guide nonprofits as they become better managed, more adaptive, and achieve higher impact.
- Track it Forward – Let volunteers track their own hours
- SCDOR – Check if you are exempt from sale tax & retail license requirements
For Festival Vendors
Some vendors may not need a retail license, however all vendors are required to file and pay sales tax in the state of SC. Learn more at DOR.SC.GOV.
For more information, you may contact Jeremy Roof with the SC Department of Revenue directly at 843-492-2023.